Food Around Austin- Donuts!

June 25, 2012

So, one of my goals this year was to branch out of my food "comfort zone" (aka the usual spots my husband and I hit up), and check out some of the many new restaurants/eateries that are constantly popping up around town.

On Thursday, I met my sister after work at one of our favorite happy hour spots, Opa!, but not before I picked up a few goodies from Gourdough's, a donut food trailer nearby.


OMG I had no idea what I was missing out on!  I picked up two Son of a Peach, a Miss Shortcake (my favorite), and a Sara's Joy. We ended up splitting the shortcake and one of the peach donuts during happy hour. I ate half of the Sara's Joy for breakfast on Friday, and there are still 1.5 donuts sitting in my fridge- how they made it through the weekend, I'm not sure.

Miss Shortcake

Son of a Peach

Sara's Joy
Drooling yet? The donuts are fried before covered in fruity/coconut/chocolatey goodness.  They reminded me of a less greasy funnel cake. I thought all of them were sweet, but not in an overpowering way. 

The donuts are about $5 a pop, but they are huge and definitely share worthy.  I guarantee I will be returning here soon to try out some of the other flavors on there menu- I'm thinking the Mother Clucker and Flying Pig will definitely be next, yummmm.

**Disclaimer: Gourdough's has no idea who I am and is not/will not/has not provided any monetary or foodiary gift in exchange for this review.


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Those look so tasty! I pinned it to my Travel board to be sure to hit it up one day in the future

Michelle Clark Quinn said...

  i haven't tried gourdoughs yet but i definitely need to soon - the cherry bombs look so good!

Jessica Trimble said...

OMG. Delicious!

Amanda said...

Oh man - I need to try those out soon. That looks amazing!

Terri said...

WHOA...those donuts looks ridiculously good. Maybe I need to get to Austin next year for Blogher Food. :) 

Layla said...

Oh my god, amazing. I read all of them and I don't think there's a single one I'd turn down!

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie said...

Ohmygaw....I think when I go to Austin for BlogHerFood, this has to be on the list of places to try! YUM!

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie said...

 Heck yes!! You need to go! :-) Bee GTG + BlogHer Food?? Amazing trip!

Katie C said...

Oh my gosh - YUM! I would like a Sarah's Joy please!!!!