Day 8: Choice
What was the biggest choice you made in 2011? What caused you to choose what you chose?
Oh my, this prompt is really hard to answer. I guess the biggest choice I made was choosing to take the professional engineering exam and choosing to study really hard for it so that I would be able to pass it. I have a long list of choices I would like to make for 2012.
Day 9: Appreciate
In which moment did you find yourself flooded with gratitude? How will you rally around gratitude in 2012?
I honestly can't think of one individual moments, I think I really felt appreciative year round in 2011. There were so many moments when I absolutely felt so lucky to be surrounded by such a great network of family and friends. I think 2012 will be the year that I take time to show more appreciation. Little gestures like handwritten notes or phone calls come to mind.
Day 10: Create
Share a creative project you undertook this year (art, writing, DIY, cooking, home decoration, crafts, photography … whatever comes to mind). How do you use your creativity to express yourself?
There are too many to share ;) I'm planning on doing a recap of 2011, in which many of my DIY projects will make an appearance. DIY, home decoration, crafts, and sewing are my preferred methods of creativity. I've found that I require them on a regular basis to really be happy.
Day 11: Try
What are12 new things do you want to do/accomplish in 2012?
1. Regular Exercise: this is really a "must" on my list. I'm aiming for a healthier lifestyle.
2. Crochet. Not just lines of stitches, an actually item (blanket, rug, pillow, etc.)
3. Making Dinner every night. This is requires a balance between my husband and myself (because I don't think I can do this alone). Also, part of leading a healthier lifestyle.
4. Participate in a photo everyday.
5. Stay organized. I'm not sure on the "how" yet, but it needs to happen.
6. Give up Diet Dr. Pepper.
7. Have "Meatless Mondays".
8. Give up control. I have a really hard time doling out tasks to others, but my perspective (of "I must do everything myself") will run me into the ground one day.
9. Invest more money.
10. Take the dogs to dog parks.
11. Take walks with my husband.
12. Doing something that scares me.
Day 12: Thrive
What was your healthiest habit of 2011? What would you like to change or do differently in 2012?
I started making protein smoothies for my husband and myself for breakfast every morning. We are definitely starting out our days more healthier. In 2012, I have a long list of things I want to do differently. See Day 11 for details.